Not for Profit Permits
If you are a charity or not-for-profit organisation based in West London, you can request we waive our charges by completing the online application form. You will need to attach proof of your status as a not for profit organisation and your waste carriers registration.
Before you complete the form, please check the terms and conditions.
Quick finder...Abbey Road Household Reuse & Recycling Centre Reduce your waste Trade Waste Frequently asked questions What happens to your waste?
Not for Profit Permits: Terms and Conditions
- WLWA reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions but we will advise you if any changes are made.
- Your organisation must be a not-for-profit organisation or charity and be able to provide proof of this.
- The place the waste is generated must be based within the geographical area of the WLWA (the London Boroughs of Brent, Ealing, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Richmond).
- WLWA must be satisfied that the waste does not arise in the course of an activity your organisation is being paid a fee to undertake e.g. a house clearance or gardening work.
- If your organisation holds a free allowance with any of these London Boroughs – Brent, Ealing, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Richmond, you will not be eligible for a permit from WLWA too.
- The amount of waste you can deposit will be limited. Alongside this application please submit details of how you ensure that only items that cannot be reused will be brought to our site.
- Using this permit you will not be able to dispose of hardcore, soil, gas bottles, fire extinguishers or asbestos.
- You must sort your waste before coming to the site and recycle as much as possible. You are also expected to sort your waste into separate containers at the site.
- The permit must be taken to the Waste Transfer Station every time you wish to deposit waste using this free allowance.
- The person delivering the waste must also show proof they are part of the organisation named on the permit, this could be with an ID badge or other appropriate documentation.
- Permits must not be shared with any other organisations.
- Procedures at the Waste Transfer Station must be followed and each driver must complete the H&S induction and wear a hi-vis vest (or equivalent) and steel toe and midsole boots on our site. Permits will be cancelled if health and safety rules are knowingly broken or members of our staff are physically or verbally abused.
- If WLWA needs to change anything about the not for profit permit scheme, we will email your organisation using the details provided. We will give as much notice as we are able to and accept no responsibility for you not receiving information if you fail to let us know about a change of contact details.
You can bring most items that are created as a result of your activities for free. However, these materials will be charged regardless of the permit:
- Rubble and other hardcore
- Gas bottles and fire extinguishers
You are expected to sort your waste into the containers at the site including separating items for recycling
There is a limit of 1 tonne per year for each location that requests a permit.
We will try to get a response to you within 5 working days of receiving your application. Make sure you complete your contact details on the form so we can contact you.
When you arrive at the site, show our staff your permit and say you want to bring in some rubbish. Our staff will take your permit from you and you will be asked to move your vehicle onto the weighbridge for weighing. Then take your items to the public area of the site and put your rubbish in the containers provided. Before you leave, return to the weighbridge and weigh your vehicle again. Our staff will complete the details on the back of the permit and will return your permit to you.
Yes, you must present the permit every time you come to the site as the amount of rubbish you take will be recorded on the back of the permit.
Please contact us to request any changes.
Contact us so we can organise a replacement and cancel the other permit. Your weight limit will be changed to reflect the amount of rubbish that your organisation has already brought into the site.