Metals can be recycled and turned into new household products like tins, cans & aluminium foil. Aluminium foil is a common sight in most kitchens. It can be used for many things including wrapping sandwiches, covering chocolate bars and Easter eggs and as a takeaway container.
- Buy a lunchbox or wrap. Put your sandwiches directly into the box instead of wrapping them with foil.
- Buy products such as chocolate bars in bigger quantities so there is less packaging.
- Ask for your takeaway in a plastic container that you can use again
- Wipe foil with a cloth after use to clean it and use again.
- Use foil from chocolate and Easter Eggs to make shiny Christmas decorations.
Things like metal furniture and bikes that are in good condition can be reused and should be advertised on Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree for anyone interested in the local area. If these materials or any other metals that can’t be recycled through your kerbside service that can’t be reused, should be taken to your local recycling centre instead.
Still wanting to visit your local Recycling Centre?
Brent recycling centre
Ealing recycling centre
Harrow recycling centre
Hillingdon recycling centre
Hounslow recycling centre
Richmond recycling centre