What could you learn by taking the Food Challenge?
- It could save you up to 38 minutes a day working out what to eat or preparing dinner.
- You could save money – the average household of 2.4 people throws away up to £700 of food a year, single person households throw away around £90 more food than a 2 person household and on a smaller scale knowing the best place to store apples could save you the cost of a bag every time you go shopping.
- You could help someone else save time or money. The information and tips you’ll get straight to your email will work for lots of people. If you’ve ever watched in despair as your best friend, brother or local restaurant throws away food you know could have been eaten, use the extra knowledge from the Food Challenge to give them a helpful nudge. They can obviously sign up too!
- You’re going to learn something – we can’t tell you the one thing that will stick with you as that’s going to be personal but something will stay with you. Whether it’s a new recipe idea, a food waste fact, knowing about the Waste Train or simply the importance of an airtight container.
- It might inspire you to do something differently. Perhaps after taking the Food Challenge you’ll decide to tell your friends about your new found knowledge, or you’ll want to volunteer at a local food bank or you will want to come and help us tell lots of people about the many quick and easy things that they could do to reduce food waste at home, at work or whilst they’re eating out.
- Food waste is bad for the environment and with one third of all the food grown being wasted whilst some people don’t have enough to eat, this could be something that you just feel strongly about and want to help stop.
Sign up today.
What can you expect from the challenge?
Over a 3 week period you’ll receive emails taking you through steps designed to put your bin on a slimming diet. You can dip in and out as your interest in each step differs, you could try the activities suggested or just read the information and watch the video links.
After 3 weeks you’ll be rewarded with a slimmer bin, a fatter wallet and the knowledge that you’re doing the best you can. Plus there’s a special thank you ready to be won if you complete the final challenge step!