Toys and Games
Most homes will have toys and board games that are no longer used tucked away in cupboards and drawers.
- Buy toys that are durable
- Check you’re buying toys and games that are wanted
- Be careful with toys to help them last longer
- Borrow toys and games from your local toy library
- Swap toys with your friends and neighbours
- Give unwanted toys that can still be played with to schools, playgroups, charities and any local groups that will benefit from them
- Buy toys and games from charity shops or online swap sites
- Swap computer games in store to get discounts on new games or another second-hand game
- Ask the manufacturer to see if they sell replacement pieces
- Make a new piece to replace a lost one
- Buy spare pieces like dice or counters
- There may be parts of toys that could be recycled. Check your local services.
Pumpkin Rescue Recipe #SquadGhouls
12.8 million pumpkins are due to be left uneaten this Halloween. This is a fraction of the 6.6 million tonnes wasted by households each year. We want our residents to make the most of the humble pumpkin and start to fight food waste year-round. Not so scary Pumpkin soup INGREDIENTS (Serves 4) SOUP: About 1kg…