Aluminium foil is a common sight in most kitchens. It can be used for many things including wrapping sandwiches, covering chocolate bars and Easter eggs and as a takeaway container.
- Buy a lunchbox or wrap. Put your sandwiches directly into the box instead of wrapping them with foil.
- Buy products such as chocolate bars in bigger quantities so there is less packaging.
- Ask for your takeaway in a plastic container that you can use again
- Wipe foil with a cloth after use to clean it and use again.
- Use foil from chocolate and Easter Eggs to make shiny Christmas decorations.
- Clean off any food and recycle with your cans.
Plastic Free July – How can you get involved?
Three years ago, I took part in a Plastic Free July Challenge in our office. Back then, I decided to avoid disposable coffee cups and plastic bottles for a month, and it was the beginning of a journey. I was always aware of the environmental impact of plastics but learning even more throughout that mont…