White or brown, window or no window, envelopes in a variety of different sizes will be posted through your letterbox every week.
- Reduce junk mail
- Sign up to read news on line or shop online
- Use email
- Put several items in the same envelope (check the postage value before sending)
- Put a sticker over the window on the envelope and use it to send your own post. You can buy these from organisations such as the World Wildlife Fund.
- Write lists on the back of envelopes before recycling them.
- Put envelopes in with your paper to be recycled
Plastic Free July – How can you get involved?
Three years ago, I took part in a Plastic Free July Challenge in our office. Back then, I decided to avoid disposable coffee cups and plastic bottles for a month, and it was the beginning of a journey. I was always aware of the environmental impact of plastics but learning even more throughout that mont…