There are lots of items in your home that need batteries to keep them running. From cordless phones and radios to, game controllers and toys.
There are lots of different types of battery. Each type is used for a different reason so when you’re buying products, try to buy ones that need the same types of batteries.
Types of batteries
- Alkaline manganese
- Nickel Cadmium
- Lithium Ion
- Mickel Metal Hydride
- Single-use lithium
- Silver oxide
- Zinc Air
- Plug your electrical items into the mains instead of using batteries.
- Buy a wind-up torch or radio.
- Choose a solar mobile phone charger.
- Buy rechargeable batteries and a charger so you can use the batteries again and again.
- Check your household recycling collection
- Take your batteries to the shops when you go to buy new batteries. Most large retailers have a box to collect batteries for recycling.
Waste Workers are Key Workers Too
Residents urged to spare a thought for their waste and recycling crews as the number of flytipping incidents spikes across the country While it may not be as obvious, it’s important to remember that workers in the waste and recycling sector are providing essential services too. Across the UK and London, crews are working tirelessly…