Richmond Furniture Scheme
1A Fortescue Avenue
Richmond Furniture Scheme will collect good quality unwanted furniture from your home without a charge. You can also go to their showroom and buy furniture. Click on the links below for more information. Richmond furniture scheme can only collect furniture from homes inside the borough of Richmond-upon-Thames.
Richmond Furniture Scheme is a charity that collects good quality unwanted furniture from your home without a charge and you can buy furniture from their shops. The Scheme operates in the borough of Richmond-upon-Thames.
Donating and buying items
The Scheme accepts and sells the following:
- Bed bases, frames and bedroom furniture
- Living room furniture including sofas and sofa beds
- Kitchen tables and chairs and some kitchen accessories
- Garden furniture
Furniture not accepted or sold:
- Sofas, armchairs and sofa beds without the fire regulation label
- Stained or damaged furniture
- Electrical items
Richmond Furniture Scheme collection teams are always given the right to refuse to accept donations.
Further details about the Scheme can be found on their website.
About the Project
Richmond Furniture Scheme was set up in 1992. As a registered charity (number 1133019) its aims are to:
- Make unwanted furniture available to people in need at minimal cost
- Encourage reuse and repair of furniture to reduce the amount of good furniture being sent to landfill
- Provide training and work experience to young people who need extra opportunities to make the most of their abilities
By accepting donations of unwanted good quality furniture, making small repairs when possible and making this available to Richmond residents they hope to assist those struggling to have a good quality of life.
Richmond Furniture Scheme also provides training opportunities helped by two volunteers and a permanent member of staff.