We are moving to a new & improved booking system! Please bear with us, whilst we make the switch!
To make a booking for one of the West London household reuse & recycling centres, please visit https://book.westlondonwaste.gov.uk/
Slots will continue to be released two weeks in advance so please check back for new availability.
Please be patient! We are working to make the site as safe as possible for all our staff and customers.
Important information for your visit
- You have a 30 minute time slot, you can arrive at any time during your allocated slot but you will be asked to leave if you are still on site 5 minutes after that slot ends.
- Checks are made to match a booking to a person, please bring with you photo ID (e.g. driver’s license) and proof of address (e.g. utility bill or council tax) issued within the last four months).
- Bring your booking reference with you to tell staff on arrival.
- The items you bring should match the details recorded on the booking form.
- Sort your items in to types before arrival at the site e.g. plasterboard, garden waste, cardboard, plastics, metals etc. This will make your visit quicker and easier as all site users are asked to separate in to the bins and boxes on site to increase reuse and recycling.
- If you do not sort your items, you may be turned away and have to re-book.
- Only bring what you can lift.
- You will be asked to leave if you haven’t unloaded everything by the end of your timeslot.
- Normal rules are in place for chargeable waste materials, including DIY waste. Chargeable items are identified on the booking form or visit our website[SE1] for more details.
- No cash is accepted for payment on site.
- If you bring children to site you must ensure they are supervised at all times, this may mean remaining in your car with an appropriate adult.
- Pedestrians are not permitted to bring waste onto the site.
- Need assistance? – If you need to speak to a member of staff, please go to the information area.
- Always follow the signage and instructions from members of staff.
Help keep everyone safe
- DO NOT ENTER THE SITE if you have experienced a fever, cough or any COVID-19 symptoms, or if a member of your household has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing, 2 metres apart from each other at all times including staff.
- You have to unload the vehicle yourself; if you cannot lift it, then you will have to take it home or book a bulky waste collection service through your Council. Our staff will not be able to help you with moving waste from your vehicle.
- Sanitise your hands before and after touching items at the site, staff are spraying and cleaning handrails and bins but you can never be too careful.
Abbey Road site rules
- Strict social distancing measures are in place at Abbey Road HRRC for the safety of both staff and members of the public. You must observe the site rules and the instructions of our staff at all times. If these rules are not followed, you will be asked to leave the site.
- We have a zero tolerance approach to verbal and physical abuse of our staff. Please respect our staff who are working hard in these difficult times to make this service available to you.
- All who attend the site are required to be aware of government guidelines on social distancing, which can be found by following this link UK Govt Covid-19
If you need any further information, please see our FAQs.
If you do not have access to the internet then please call Brent Customer Service on 020 8937 5050.
If you need to cancel/amend an existing booking, use the link in the original confirmation email.
For any other enquiries, please email email@example.com