Get Swishing at our Little Big Swish!
Date and time
Thursday 02 July 2015
7:30pm - 9:30pm
The New Inn Pub,
This year we want everyone to GETSWISHING! So we’re making our swishes bigger and better! Not sure what swishing is? It’s Free Shopping in the form of a giant clothes swap. Visit www.getswishing.com for more information. With your support we will be running Big Swishes all across West London and we have our first in the series the Little Big Swish Ealing on Thursday 2nd July .
Why is it called the Little Big Swish?……Because we hope that by next year this one will look small in comparison!
At the Big Swishes you won’t only get a fabulous swishing experience but we’ll be joined by different guest speakers from the world of Sustainable Fashion. Our first speaker is blogger Gema Enseñat from the Slippers and Sequins Blog who will be showing you how easy it can be to refashion your old clothes into something new and provide you with some nifty ideas to take back home!
- 7:30 – 8:00 pm – Clothes drop off
- 8:00 – 8:30 pm – Refashioning session with Sequins and Slippers blogger Gema Enseñat
- 8:30 – 9:30 pm – The Swish is open!
The Rules :-
Each person must bring at least one good quality item of clothing, shoes or accessories to take part – maximum 6 please
- As you arrive exchange your items for Swishing tokens (1 item = 1 token)
- Nightwear, swimwear and underwear including socks will not be accepted
- All items must be in a good condition – something that has shrunk, is stained or needs repairing (e.g. missing buttons, broken zips, loose sequins or beading, rips, tears, fabric pulls or holes, bobbly bits, disintegrating seams or hems, lint or fluff) will not be accepted
- Guests are asked not to browse the rails whilst items are being prepared for Swishing
- When the Swish is declared open clothes can be taken on a first come first served basis. But please no biting, scratching or hair pulling!
- Tokens are then returned in payment as clothes are taken from the event.
- Swishing credits from previous events will be accepted
For information and event updates join the Facebook event Little Big Swish – Ealing or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See you there!
Waste Workers are Key Workers Too
Residents urged to spare a thought for their waste and recycling crews as the number of flytipping incidents spikes across the country While it may not be as obvious, it’s important to remember that workers in the waste and recycling sector are providing essential services too. Across the UK and London, crews are working tirelessly…