Get Swishing at our Little Big Swish 2
Date and time
Thursday 22 October 2015
7:30pm - 9:30pm
The New Inn Pub,
We’re back at the New Inn to build on the sucess of our last Little Big Swish! If you’ve not heard of Swishing – it’s the guilt free alternative for updating your wardrobe.
So how will it work on the night?
- 7:30 – 8:00 pm – Clothes drop off
- 8:00 – 8:30 pm – Refashioning session with Sequins and Slippers blogger Gema Enseñat talking about her time on the Refashion Runway, and showing you some on-the-spot refashions!
- 8:30 – 9:30 pm – The Swish opens and it’s time to start shopping! Raid the rails and exchange your tokens to take away some fabulous finds – like the top that caught your eye, to go with those jeans….or maybe that skirt!
Bring up to 6 items of nice, clean, presentable unwanted clothes, shoes and accessories to the New Inn Pub on Thursday 22nd October from 7:30pm to swap them for tokens.
This is a FREE Event! The more the merrier, so grab your friends, share this event and we look forward to seeing you there!
All remaining clothes will be donated to Charity
The Rules :-
Each person must bring at least one good quality item of clothing, shoes or accessories to take part – maximum 6 please
- As you arrive exchange your items for Swishing tokens (1 item = 1 token)
- Nightwear, swimwear and underwear including socks will not be accepted
- All items must be in a good condition – something that has shrunk, is stained or needs repairing (e.g. missing buttons, broken zips, loose sequins or beading, rips, tears, fabric pulls or holes, bobbly bits, disintegrating seams or hems, lint or fluff) will not be accepted
- Guests are asked not to browse the rails whilst items are being prepared for Swishing
- When the Swish is declared open clothes can be taken on a first come first served basis. But please no biting, scratching or hair pulling!
- Tokens are then returned in payment as clothes are taken from the event.
- Swishing credits from previous events will be accepted
For information and event updates join the Facebook event Little Big Swish 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you there!
Plastic Free July – How can you get involved?
Three years ago, I took part in a Plastic Free July Challenge in our office. Back then, I decided to avoid disposable coffee cups and plastic bottles for a month, and it was the beginning of a journey. I was always aware of the environmental impact of plastics but learning even more throughout that mont…