You don’t need lots of wrapping paper to make presents look good. Look at our tips for alternative ways of displaying your presents.
- Buy presents that do not need to be wrapped, such as vouchers and experience gifts.
- Don’t use paper, put it in a box which can be used again and again.
- Plan the amount of paper you need.
- Paint newspaper in bright colours and use this instead of wrapping paper.
- Take care removing the paper. Remove the tape and use the paper again for smaller presents.
- Recycle with your other paper. Remove all ribbons and tape first.
Reduce & Recycle Your Food Waste For British Tomato Week
In 2015 UK households threw away over 7 million tonnes of food. Most of it was still edible and could have been avoided. Although food is an organic material it does not simply decompose in landfill as air cannot get to it. Instead it rots in the ground and releases the harmful greenhouse gas methan…