Toys and Games
Most homes will have toys and board games that are no longer used tucked away in cupboards and drawers.
- Buy toys that are durable
- Check you’re buying toys and games that are wanted
- Be careful with toys to help them last longer
- Borrow toys and games from your local toy library
- Swap toys with your friends and neighbours
- Give unwanted toys that can still be played with to schools, playgroups, charities and any local groups that will benefit from them
- Buy toys and games from charity shops or online swap sites
- Swap computer games in store to get discounts on new games or another second-hand game
- Ask the manufacturer to see if they sell replacement pieces
- Make a new piece to replace a lost one
- Buy spare pieces like dice or counters
- There may be parts of toys that could be recycled. Check your local services.
Make July your Repair Month!
Our Love Your Clothes repair workshops are back by popular demand! In July, we’ll be hosting three free sewing workshops. Two of the workshops will be textile repair events only in Harrow and Hounslow. The third event in Hillingdon will be a combined repair event for clothes and electrical items. This combined Restart Party and Clothes Repair workshop,…