In the UK 2,600 magazines are bought every minute – that’s a lot of paper and a lot of trees, energy and waster needed to make them. So what can we do to reduce, reuse and recycle them?
- Share a magazine subscription. If you buy the same magazine as a friend or family member share the cost of the subscription and share the magazine.
- Get the online version. The online price could be cheaper and you might be able to access it from your phone.
- If your workplace gets two copies of the same magazine, cancel one to save paper and money.
- Swap magazines with your friends.
- Donate your recently used magazines to your doctor or dentist so someone else can read it while sitting in the waiting room.
- Find out if a local organisation, like a care home, children’s centre or library wants magazines for their clients.
- Use the pages as packaging material to protect breakable items in the post. The paper can then be recycled after your parcel arrives safely.
- Put it with your other papers for recycling.
- Use it to make your own paper.
Make July your Repair Month!
Our Love Your Clothes repair workshops are back by popular demand! In July, we’ll be hosting three free sewing workshops. Two of the workshops will be textile repair events only in Harrow and Hounslow. The third event in Hillingdon will be a combined repair event for clothes and electrical items. This combined Restart Party and Clothes Repair workshop,…