We all love to receive cards but most are recycled or thrown away after the special occasion. See what can you do to reduce, reuse and recycle more.
- Make a list. Work out how many cards you need so you don’t end up with lots of extra ones you won’t use.
- Send an e-card. Avoid the envelope and the stamp by sending e-cards to your friends and family. You can get e-cards from card retailers and from many charity websites.
- Use up your old cards. We all have boxes of cards from a few years ago that we didn’t use. Before you buy new cards use the old ones first.
- Buy cards made from recycled paper so fewer trees are cut down to make them.
- Cut up your cards to create gift tags or Christmas decorations.
- Use cut out pictures from cards to brighten up the blank spaces in your photo album.
- Put your cards in with your other paper and card for recycling.
- The Woodland Trust Christmas Card collection uses the money raised from recycling your cards to fund the planting of young trees.
Christmas & New Years Waste & Recycling Dates
West London Waste Authority offices will be closed between 24th December to 1st January. Brent HRRC will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day Monday 8am to 4pm Tuesday 8am to 4pm Wednesday 8am to 4pm Thursday 8am to 4pm Friday 8am to 4pm Saturday 8am to 4pm Sunday 8am to…