Aluminium foil is a common sight in most kitchens. It can be used for many things including wrapping sandwiches, covering chocolate bars and Easter eggs and as a takeaway container.
- Buy a lunchbox or wrap. Put your sandwiches directly into the box instead of wrapping them with foil.
- Buy products such as chocolate bars in bigger quantities so there is less packaging.
- Ask for your takeaway in a plastic container that you can use again
- Wipe foil with a cloth after use to clean it and use again.
- Use foil from chocolate and Easter Eggs to make shiny Christmas decorations.
- Clean off any food and recycle with your cans.
Reduce & Recycle Your Food Waste For British Tomato Week
In 2015 UK households threw away over 7 million tonnes of food. Most of it was still edible and could have been avoided. Although food is an organic material it does not simply decompose in landfill as air cannot get to it. Instead it rots in the ground and releases the harmful greenhouse gas methan…