Aluminium foil is a common sight in most kitchens. It can be used for many things including wrapping sandwiches, covering chocolate bars and Easter eggs and as a takeaway container.
- Buy a lunchbox or wrap. Put your sandwiches directly into the box instead of wrapping them with foil.
- Buy products such as chocolate bars in bigger quantities so there is less packaging.
- Ask for your takeaway in a plastic container that you can use again
- Wipe foil with a cloth after use to clean it and use again.
- Use foil from chocolate and Easter Eggs to make shiny Christmas decorations.
- Clean off any food and recycle with your cans.
Package Free Shopping – Myth or reality?
I often walk into the supermarket and find myself asking… ‘Why is there such a limited selection of package free items?’ It seems that everything tends to come in some form of packaging. When I unpack my groceries at home, most of this packaging ultimately ends up filling up my bin. From pasta and ric…