Aluminium foil is a common sight in most kitchens. It can be used for many things including wrapping sandwiches, covering chocolate bars and Easter eggs and as a takeaway container.
- Buy a lunchbox or wrap. Put your sandwiches directly into the box instead of wrapping them with foil.
- Buy products such as chocolate bars in bigger quantities so there is less packaging.
- Ask for your takeaway in a plastic container that you can use again
- Wipe foil with a cloth after use to clean it and use again.
- Use foil from chocolate and Easter Eggs to make shiny Christmas decorations.
- Clean off any food and recycle with your cans.
West London Waste Authority Celebrates First Full Year Of Operations at Severnside Energy Recovery Centre
West London Waste Authority and its constituent boroughs, project investors and SUEZ recycling and recovery UK (SUEZ), came together this past week at the Severnside Energy Recovery Centre (SERC) in South Gloucestershire to celebrate its successful first year of full service operations as part of a 25 year Public Private Partnership contract. Under the contract,…