Aluminium foil is a common sight in most kitchens. It can be used for many things including wrapping sandwiches, covering chocolate bars and Easter eggs and as a takeaway container.
- Buy a lunchbox or wrap. Put your sandwiches directly into the box instead of wrapping them with foil.
- Buy products such as chocolate bars in bigger quantities so there is less packaging.
- Ask for your takeaway in a plastic container that you can use again
- Wipe foil with a cloth after use to clean it and use again.
- Use foil from chocolate and Easter Eggs to make shiny Christmas decorations.
- Clean off any food and recycle with your cans.
Congratulations to our Recycle Week Winner
Congratulations to St. Richard’s C of E Primary School in Ham for winning our Waste Week 2017 competition! Now in their third year of participation, St. Richard’s has won for the first time. Student’s collected a whopping 260 kilograms of electrical waste – or nearly one kilogram per pupil. The school will now receive a £500 voucher…