There are lots of items in your home that need batteries to keep them running. From cordless phones and radios to, game controllers and toys.
There are lots of different types of battery. Each type is used for a different reason so when you’re buying products, try to buy ones that need the same types of batteries.
Types of batteries
- Alkaline manganese
- Nickel Cadmium
- Lithium Ion
- Mickel Metal Hydride
- Single-use lithium
- Silver oxide
- Zinc Air
- Plug your electrical items into the mains instead of using batteries.
- Buy a wind-up torch or radio.
- Choose a solar mobile phone charger.
- Buy rechargeable batteries and a charger so you can use the batteries again and again.
- Check your household recycling collection
- Take your batteries to the shops when you go to buy new batteries. Most large retailers have a box to collect batteries for recycling.
Christmas & New Years Waste & Recycling Dates
West London Waste Authority offices will be closed between 24th December to 1st January. Brent HRRC will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day Monday 8am to 4pm Tuesday 8am to 4pm Wednesday 8am to 4pm Thursday 8am to 4pm Friday 8am to 4pm Saturday 8am to 4pm Sunday 8am to…