Brent Council provide a Re-use and Recycling Centre for residents who want to recycle or dispose of bulky items and general household rubbish.
Brent Reuse and Recycling Centre
|Monday||8am to 4pm|
|Tuesday||8am to 4pm|
|Wednesday||8am to 4pm|
|Thursday||8am to 4pm|
|Friday||8am to 4pm|
|Saturday||8am to 4pm|
|Sunday||8am to 4pm|
|Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Tuesday 27th December and New Year’s Day|
All vans (including those used by residents for personal purposes) must report to the weighbridge on arrival at the site. Vans will only be able to deposit recycling and waste between 08.00 and 15.30.
Any resident who brings recycling and waste from their home in a van or other vehicle that would normally be used for commercial purposes must provide two forms of identification, from this list:
- Current/valid photo ID from a recognised agency (i.e. Passport, UK Photo Card Driving Licence, UK Government ID card or similar); and
- A recent utility bill (no more than 4 months old and please note that mobile phone bills are not acceptable) or your current council tax bill. Whatever is produced must show your current home address, the one where the waste you’re bringing comes from.
Please note – WLWA’s decision about what forms of ID are suitable is final and if you have any doubt about what may be accepted please call the site on 020 8965 5497 to check before travelling. If you cannot provide suitable ID you will either be asked to leave without depositing your waste or a charge will be made for the full load in accordance with the trade waste charge of £195 per tonne. If you have any questions about the use of vans or charging please call the site for advice before travelling.
Charges for use of the site
A charges will be made when West London residents bring certain types of waste to this Household Re-use and Recycling Centre. The charges apply to waste created by building and landscaping works including:
- All building and demolition material including plasterboard, tiles, windows, doors, timber and wooden flooring
- Bricks, rubble, stones and hardcore
- Bathroom suites and fittings
- Fencing, sheds and paving
- Kitchen units, sinks and fittings
- Soil and turf
As a general guide, a charge will apply for the type of items that you wouldn’t take with you when moving house. If you are unsure whether the items you have taken to the site attract a charge please ask staff before you start unloading your vehicle. These items will only be accepted between 08.00 and 16.00.
If you are paying to dispose of your waste, please make sure that you arrive at the site and complete payment before 3.30pm.
If you know you will be charged for the items please make sure your vehicle is weighed when you arrive on site. As you drive in to site you’ll generally be approached by a member of staff. If you know that you will be charged for items please make the staff member aware of this and follow their instructions. Any vehicle carrying items that will be charged for must stop to be weighed by pulling up on the left side of the small single storey building in front of the site entrance. When you leave the site you will need to be weighed again and a site staff member will direct you where to go. Payment can only be made by a major Debit or Credit Card: cash or cheques are NOT accepted.
All the items shown above will be subject to a charge of £195 a tonne, your vehicle is weighed to work out how heavy your waste is and the charge is calculated based on this weight.
- A minimum charge of £19.50 applies for up to 100kg brought in a car
- A minimum charge of £38.50 applies for up to 200kg brought in any other vehicle
- If you are bringing in a lot of mixed items including chargeable materials everything will be subject to the charges, make sure you sort your waste and remove the items not subject to a charge before travelling to the site to avoid paying a charge on everything
- If you bring bonded asbestos the charge is £290 per tonne, with a minimum charge of £58
If you have any questions about these charges please visit our answers page.
All businesses wishing to dispose or recycle waste will have to pay a fee, the charge paid is based on the weight of the items. Details of the charges can be found on our trade customers webpage.