Love Your Clothes Repair Workshops
West London Waste is delighted to be teaming up with Recycle for London’s Love Your Clothes campaign to bring you a series of free sewing repair workshops.
The workshops focus on sharing repair skills to extend the life of your clothes. They also provide an excellent opportunity to repair or re-fashion your pre-loved items and meet like-minded people to share these skills and knowledge, regardless of ability.
Our workshops will be lead by expert crafter Barley Massey of Fabrications. Spaces are limited so please signup through our Eventbrite. If workshops prove popular we will schedule more throughout the year, so please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to attend, but are still keen so we can register your interest and get in touch about future sewing events.
Come along to learn some simple techniques, tips and tricks about repairing and altering your clothes – helping them lead a longer life and giving you more enjoyment and comfort! (No sewing experience needed).
A 2 hour sewing lesson to learn key skills such as:
- Simple alterations: how to lift or lengthen a hem or change a waistline
- Sew on missing buttons and make buttonholes
- Replace a broken zip
- Quick fixes: repair a tear or re-thread cords/elasticated areas
- Mend and darn holes discreetly or in a show-off fashion!
1 hour ‘Sewing Surgery’ Sewcial:
- Opportunity to ask questions
- Bring in some of your own garments for advice
- Look through some examples of transformed garments
- Meet new people!
Click on the following links for more detailed information about our workshops and remember to signup via Eventbrite!