It’s almost Zero Waste Week
From 2-8 September, we’re taking part in Zero Waste Week 2013. The theme of the week this year is “Use it up!” which focuses on food waste. There are huge benefits for our bank balance and the environment if we all waste less food.
Many different organisations and people are making pledges to support the week. We’ve pledged to share what our Waste Prevention Team does to reduce food waste and share some tips to help you use up some things that often end up in the bin or food waste recycling.
You don’t have to wait until next Monday to get started though, start looking for tips and ideas today. Here are 5 things you could do to get yourself started…
- Visit the Zero Waste Week website and make a pledge
- Share your pledge on Facebook or via Twitter
- Start a food waste diary ( 7 day food waste diary (1644 downloads) ) to see what food stuffs aren’t being eaten
- Check out the Love Food Hate Waste (LFHW) website for storage tips, a more detailed food diary and lots of recipe ideas to use up your leftovers – otherwise known as – ingredients for new meals
- Download the LFHW app from Google Play or the Apple store
You can also follow Zero Waste Week on Twitter or share the Zero Waste Week Facebook Events page link with your friends on Facebook so you get the latest tips and ideas from people and organisations all over the world.